My Position on the Issues
Agriculture is very important, especially on the Western Slope. Being a farmer or a rancher is a gamble and hard work! We need to start thinking about creative solutions to ensure Farming and Ranching remains a viable way to make a living. Western Slope Agriculture will be a priority when I am elected.
- I will Protect USDA loan programs while revising and implementing a user friendly application process.
- I support the Farm Bill which allows water to be used for Hemp Farming. This will give our farmers a valuable rotation crop!
- I will protect the Right to Farm and Ranch Policy and ensure we are actively educating the public as laid out in that policy.
Our current budget is unsustainable. It is time to cut the fat and eliminate free rides. It is time that our tax dollars are used to benefit all! If elected I will work across party lines to:
- Identify mismanaged and damaged government programs to cut spending and eliminate deficits.
- Develop and implement a drug testing policy for individuals looking to receive government aid.
- Ensure our priorities are in line with our spending.
The system of electing candidates to office is in dire need of repair. It is an unfair playing field and the candidate with the most financial backing shouldn’t necessarily win, the candidate who is right for the job should, no matter the amount in their account. Change is good and to get anything done, we need to start making that change.
- I will vote to put term limits in place.
- I support Democracy for All to limit campaign spending and end the big money dominance of our elections.
- Fight to stop Gerrymandering to end manipulation of electoral boundaries.
- I pledge not to take money from PAC’s for my campaign.
Economy, Jobs and Small Business
It is the “American Dream.” To own one’s own business, be your own boss, make a good living. Ask anyone who is in small business and the dream dims. Currently the economy is doing well, although the recent tariffs have slightly decelerated the momentum. Here on the Western Slope Agriculture, Tourism and Oil & Gas remain the economic driving force.
- I support an increase to the minimum wage.
- I will vehemently fight for Equal Pay.
- I support small business and will fight to lessen governmental paperwork, involvement, and regulation.
Energy and Environment
The Western Slope of Colorado is extremely beautiful and needs to be protected. At the same time, one of the largest driving forces on the Western Slope remains to be Oil and Gas. I have been asked multiple times to sign the No Fossil Fuel Pledge and will not do that so our Oil and Gas families can continue to thrive on in our state.
- I Support the “All of the Above” energy stance.
- I will fight to hold private and government agencies, such as the EPA, accountable for past and any future toxic spills.
- I pledge to help foster a gradual transition from Oil and Gas to alternative sources.
- I support Jordan Cove and the numerous jobs it will bring to the Western Slope.
The people that matter most for our families, teachers, police, and emergency responders get paid the least. Remember shop class, welding, home Economics and auto mechanics in high school? Why are they not a staple in high school curriculum?
- I will fight for higher pay for our Teachers.
- I will advocate for housing incentives for teachers living in high-cost communities.
- I will support legislation to regulate the Student Loan process.
- I will work with our communities to allow Vocational schools and Apprenticeships to make a comeback.
People work hard for their money and don’t need to be preyed upon by unscrupulous lenders, especially the elderly and young adults.
- I support the Taylor Act.
- I will fight to make home buying a more user friendly process.
- I will support legislation to instill interest caps for loans and lines of credit.
- I also support legislation that would end mailed credit card offers to anyone under 21.
The United States is part of the globe and when human rights are being violated we need to lend a helping hand. In most countries the people who are trying to live day-to-day are not the problem, but the corrupt power hungry regimes that have no regard for their own people. I think NATO, and the United Nations are necessary in that capacity.
- I support repealing or revising the 2001 Authorization for use of Military Force to put war back into the hands of congress and out of the hands of the President.
- I support a focus on AI Arms in order to remain a leader in the global race and protect our individuals in the military.
I think most people for ardent gun control do not understand ballistics or the mechanics of guns. They have most likely never used one. There are things they can do and things they can’t do. Guns cannot on their own decide to shoot people. People decide to shoot people. If someone wants to reek havoc by shooting people, make a name for themselves no matter how immoral, they will be able to find a weapon no matter the gun laws. My family finds an afternoon of shooting clays a downright hoot. We all hunt and shoot and own guns. We have never turned these upon another human being. The Second Amendment was written so that if the need arises for the citizens of the United States to stand against their government if said government no longer has the interest of the citizens in mind. I do not like zealotry in any form, and during the last few years I believe the NRA has gotten to be a zealot. I am not a member of the NRA. The point here is if a normal sane person wants to own numerous guns and ammunition for said guns and use them in a lawful manner it is not the government’s business.
- I support the right to bear arms.
- I Support reasonable wait times to purchase firearms so proper background checks can be made.
- I will fight for legislation that will allow multiple agencies to report on violent crimes, mental health, and domestic abuse cases to ensure those records are available for the vetting process.
- I support addressing the problem at the source; Mental Health in America needs attention.
Twenty-nine million Americans today still do not have health insurance and millions more are underinsured and cannot afford the high copayments and deductibles charged by private health insurance companies that put profits before people. The U.S. spends more on health care per person, and as a percentage of gross domestic product, than any other advanced nation in the world. But all that money has not made Americans healthier than the rest of the world. Quite simply, in our high-priced health care system that leaves millions overlooked, we spend more yet end up with less.
- I support separating health insurance from employment.
- I support an income-based system where everyone pays something, eliminating free rides.
- I pledge to work alongside patients, physicians, and insurance companies to create a solution that will work for everyone.
Seeing how the first word is “human” I think everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Equality for every person, regardless of race, religion, financial status, sexual preference, has a basic human right. People are all different. You have a right to disagree, but not the right to base laws on personal preference because you disagree.
- I will actively fight to end discrimination based on gender, sexual preference, race, ethnicity and religion.
- I pledge to be a voice for all minorities.
- I will fight to end indefinite detention.
- I will work across party lines to ensure America can again be a pioneer and model for life and liberty, freedom from slavery and torture, freedom of opinion and expression, and the right to work and a proper education.
The United States of America was founded by peoples from different countries. The colonies fought for their independence with people from different countries and backgrounds. For a country that took in millions on Elis Island next to the Statue of Liberty, to build a wall or turn away honest people looking for a better life is a travesty.
- I stand with Dreamers and support the DACA.
- I promise to work toward a quicker path to becoming an American citizen.
- I do not support building a border wall; it is fiscally irresponsible and goes against the foundations of America.
- I will fight against the separation of families looking for safe haven.
- I will work to protect legal immigrant workers by improving and expanding work visa programs.
- I promise to protect our borders from those who immigrate illegally. There is a right way to come into the country, by making that route more accessible we can begin to weed out the bad seeds.
- I do not support Sanctuary Cities, however I do believe low-priority immigrants should remain just that. I do not believe this is an effective use of our tax dollars.
Military and Veterans
I am a huge supporter of the military. I have two Marine Infantry sons and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews that are or were in the service. These citizens in the service spend their days, or lives, defending all of the issues on this page. I believe the people in charge of the Defense Department now have the much-needed experience, having served in many of today’s contested places, to make sensible decisions. If only the President would heed their advice.
- I support our Veterans.
- I will fight to improve the VA to make the physical and mental health of our Veterans a top priority.
- I support an audit of military spending. I believe in its current state the priorities are skewed toward $600 toilet seats instead of those who have and those who continue to serve our country.
- I do not support Space Force. We should not be adding branches of armed forces when we cannot properly take care of the ones we have, this project would be too costly and labor intensive at this time.
- I support revising the AMUF to keep war in the hands of Congress and out of the hands of one individual, the president.
Public lands belong to the people. The land does not belong to all the various government agencies. The government is supposed to be holding them in trust for all of us. I must say I don’t have much trust in those agencies. Colorado District 3 has an amazing amount of beautiful public land. Once this land is developed or ruined, it cannot be replaced. Our focus should be on the estimated nearly $260-million worth of potentially re-usable material that ends up at the landfill every year.
- I will fight the use of public and national park lands for development and Oil and Gas.
- I support recycling and believe we should develop and expand Colorado’s Recycling Program to bring more jobs and promote clean spaces.
- I support incentivizing manufacturing companies to come to Colorado so our recycling can remain in state and lower cost to the consumer.
- I pledge to help raise our recycling diversion from the current 19% to the national average of 35%.
Water is the life blood of everything we do. It is a resource that we must protect for ourselves and future generations.
- I promise to honor the water rights throughout the district, both senior and junior rights.
- I will ensure that Ag, Recreation, and wildlife water interests are protected.
- I will honor the 1922 Colorado River Compact to protect Western Slope water from heading east.
- I will support legislation to enact harsher punishments for those (private or governmental) who poison our waterways with harmful toxins.
Women’s rights are human rights. Rights for women is about changing and protecting laws and policies which relate to women. As a woman, I want the same rights, same pay, and same opportunities that are available to men.
- I support Roe V. Wade and a woman’s right to choose!
- I do NOT support justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
- I support Me Too legislation.